Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Australian Music Addiction

I was first turned on to the Australian music scene in January when I stumbled across a well known Australian band - Powderfinger - on myspace. I was so impressed with what I heard I left the band a comment on their myspace page. (See my music player at the bottom to check out some songs!) It wasn't long after that I was hit up with friend requests from other Australian musicians asking me to check out their music. I usually don't pay these any attention but, for some reason, I made an exception and I wasn't disappointed! I have found tons of artists since then whose music I adore so much so that I had to share them with you. If you enjoy folky, indie style music from talented musicians I suggest you take a listen for yourself. Of course, the US has it's fair share of talented independent musicians - take Joe Purdy for example and his little ditty 'Just Can't Seem to Get it Right Today' as heard in the new Kia commercial - but it adds an element of interest when you live so far apart they only way to connect is the Internet. And the fact that you don't have to listen to it being played over and over and over on the radio, makes it appeal to me even more. If I ever get a chance to take that long anticipated trip to Australia you will find me front and center at one or all of these!

This is what I'm listening to when I create:

Michael Peter - A very talented artist and someone I've had the pleasure of chatting with. Paper Planes, Twenty Five and Remember Love are my favorites.

Sarah Humphries - "Waiting to Burn" is my theme song!

Marty Simpson - A finalist on Australian Idol

Missy Higgins - Last but not least

Of course this barely scratches the surface but I felt guilty enjoying them without sharing. Have some unique music that you enjoy? Please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell