Friday, April 29, 2011

My New Favorite Colors


It used to be that neutral was the only route I'd take when choosing a color. I don't know what's happening but suddenly I'm slapping up some bolder colors (for me) all around the house. And you know what, I think I like it!

Ok. It's no secret I love this blue. BUT I'm thinking of painting my whole master bedroom THIS color. I have black furniture that I purchased just after I got married. I'm not sure what I was thinking. We'd just gotten back that 4 digit tax return that you probably ONLY see when you're a newlywed. So. What do we do with it? Buy this really awesome, really black, really fully retail-priced bedroom furniture. It was the first (and last) time I paid retail for furniture. Now. I will live with it for life because I cannot stomach the thought of getting rid of that 4 digit tax return money. Because every time I look at it, I do not see furniture, I see a large stack of bills that I could have done a lot more with.

Not that I don't like black furniture but it can give the room a very heavy and dark feeling. Plus, it has a way of making you feel really hemed-in in terms of what you can put with it. Or at least it did until I saw this picture. Lightbulb moment! Of course, I could always paint it but then, I really DO like. It was just a matter of figuring out what to do with it.


Char-freakin-treuse

I cannot get enough of this color. I want to put it on everything. Yesterday, I was actually thinking of using this color to paint my horrid brass chandelier. Yes. I said horrid brass. You might like brass. That's cool. I don't. And, yes. I also said paint my chandelier. You just wait and see! It's gonna be really awesome.

I think I've decided to use the chartreuse as more of an accent color instead. But who knows? I might change my mind and then you're gonna be like, whoa, a chartreuse chandlier - that IS awesome!


L'orange (or Miss Orange if you're nasty)

I would never, in a million years, have guessed that I would love (like, really truly valentine heart kinda love) this color. Especially while simultaneously valentine heart kind of loving Chartreuse. But I do. I totally do.


So here's the deal. I have A LOT of projects coming up. I'm not sure why, but four years later, I finally "moving into" my house and making it mine. However, I am not rich and even if I were I just really enjoying doing things myself. Don't you? So I thought I'd share these projects with you. In case, for some reason, you too, have been waiting to "move in" and make your house yours. Or maybe you've been "moved in" so long you'd really like to "move out" but you can't so you want to shake things up a bit. Either way. Thing is, I'm hoping you'll play along with me. Like maybe even linky parties and everything. There might even be a prize (or prizes) involved!

So. Wanna play?

6 comments:

  1. Jamie: Is your age divisible by 7? Sounds like a strange question, huh? But if it is, I think I can explain your change in favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I knew it! There's a theory about everything changing every 7 years. Supposedly, every 7 years, every cell in your body will have been renewed; and at that time, you will note changes taking place in some of your likes and dislikes. Last year when I turned 63 I discovered that I liked blue cheese, when I have always hated it. Now I like it. I am eating more spicy things when before, I would have avoided them. The list goes on. But this sounds like what is happening to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a link about what I just wrote about - so you see I'm not making this stuff up. LOL.

    http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/every-seven-years-you-change/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.
    i HAVe to paint a house BeFore i can move in.

    my manperson spent a decade in the military (i KNOW) and we had to move a lot.

    I will NOT occupy any space until i have painted it warm, sexy momma colors.

    Oh girl, i am not joking.

    I have spent more hours of my life applying primer....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I don't know that Jeanie Callaghan person, but i like her because
    i like blue cheese too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me giggling....I also like Miss Orange very much!!! (I must be nasty...haha!)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell