Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halloween Party Menu

The Menu

Mummy Dogs
Frankenstien's Brain
Witch Con Queso & Witch Hat Chips
The Great Pumpkin Dip with Crackers Garden Veggies
Exotic Olive Bugs
Ghoul Aid
Chocolate Owl Cakes
Witch Finger Cookies
Monster Party Mix


I was not in control of my camera the night of my party. My intention was to take a pic of each of the dishes I served and then share the recipe. But once the guests started to arrive I was scrambling around like a mad woman and was lucky that my SIL thought to snap a few pics for me. So...here are a few more recipes I have to share with you sans pics. I hope you enjoy!

Here is a picture of the sweets table. That's me in the kitchen and the Georgia game on the TV....brothers!


Mummy Dogs


This one is quite easy and well worth it for the little Boils and Ghouls at your party! All you do is purchase some breadstick or crescent dough from the refridgerated dough section - or better yet you find Pilsbury Recipe Creations dough - and you use your pizza cutter to slice thin sections of dough. Wrap the dough around hotdog weiners or cocktail sausages making sure to leave some of the weiner showing especially at the top where your mummy's eyes will go. Pop them into the oven at 350° for 18 - 20 minutes. Place small dollups of mustard or put peppercorns on the weiners for eyes. You can serve them lying down or put them on popscicle sticks before putting them into the oven. When they've cooled enough to work with, place them onto your prepared tray. Here I placed a sheet of styrofoam covered with moss onto a platter.

I serve mine with spiderweb ketup and mustard. Fill a small bowl with ketchup. Place a small dollop of mustard into the center of the ketchup. Then squeeze out a small circle around the dollop continuing to squeeze a couple more circles around the previous cirlce. Then take a toothpick and drag it from the insdie dollop past the outtermost circle. Continue until you've created the perfect spiderweb!

Witch's Caldron Pasta with Broomstick Breadsticks
I serve this dish EVERY halloween. It's super yummy, easy and unique!

1lb of corkscrew pasta
1 jar (16oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
3 oz of cream cheese
1 box (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Prepare pasta (I use the tri-colored corkscrew) according to package directions. Heat Alfredo sauce in medium saucepan over low heat. Squeeze spinach to remove excess moisture. Put spinach, cream cheese and nutmeg in blender and blend until smooth. Stir spinach blend into Alfredo sauce and heat through. When pasta is done, drain and mix with warmed sauce. Yum!

Broomstick Breadsticks

All you need is a package of refridgerated breakstick dough. Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll dough and divide along preforations. Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 in. apart. Press each breadstick into 8 x 1 1/2" strip. Twist one end of the breadstick to make broom handle. Use kitchen shears to cut 5 or 6 slits (2" long) into other end of each breadstick. Seperate dough at slits to form broom straws. Bake 15 to 18 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. It is 6:20 am and I am already soooooooooo HUNGRY! The Ghosts and Goblins coming to your Halloween dinner are very lucky :)

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell