Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Haunting

The key to any good Halloween party is for it to be perfectly haunted!



I have ALWAYS wanted to have a Halloween party! My son, who is now 5, reminds me of Halloween when I was 5. I had pneumonia so I couldn't Trick or Treat, go to any parties or, in my mind, have any fun. So I resentfully stood at our front door and "gave" out candy to everyone who came a knocking. Of course, my icy stare and hateful looks probably gave a scare that no costume could accomplish.

I love Halloween. I always have. It's one of my favorite holidays. Christmas is near and dear to my heart and is probably my most favorite. But at Christmas time, in addition to all of the fun, you get nostalgic and you miss lost loved ones. Halloween isn't like that, at least not for me. Halloween is a time where you can have fun, be imaginative and turn yourself into anything you want.

I decided my son's 5th Halloween would be a perfect time for that Halloween party I've always wanted to have. Over the years I've collected most every Halloween party book, cookbook and idea book they make. You know those irrestible little booklets they keep by the front counter at the supermarket? I'm a sucker for those. Anyway, this party has been a long time coming and I've had years to plan.

We had a ton of fun. The kids did a waterless apple bob. We hung bewitched apples in the trees with fishing line and they seemingly floated of their own accord. We played carnival stlye games: Witch's Kettle Toss, Witch's broom limbo and everyone's favorite, a hayride. We even had a ghost pinata filled with candy but the kids were mostly content to munch on apples. Our area has been covered in clouds for the last week and we prayed for a repreieve from the rain just long enough to enjoy our party.

It drizzled most of the time which I think the kids actually appreciated and it stopped just long enough for us to enjoy a mostly dry hayride. Once the party was over it poured good and hard. I guess that was to make up for the 2 hour "reprieve" we had during the party.

I've got many more boo-tiful pictures to share with you and some frightly fun recipes but, for today, I'll show you how we haunted the place!

The Dining Room



Madame Lost Her Head



Outside

4 comments:

  1. OHHHH WOW!!! Jamie your home is killer girl! Love all the decorations.~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOOtiful Halloween decor inside and out! Love the headless madame!

    Creative Blessings,
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have got to be the coolest mom in the world. your party looks magnificent. i know you had a lot of fun, sorry we missed it being out of state and all. you do great things and should be proud. I love the owl cake--might just copy that one. laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pics are fantastic!!! A girl after my own heart!!

    I'll be putting up more pics of my house soon....kinda been saving them for A Fanciful Twist's Halloween Party on the 22nd.
    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell