Thursday, January 3, 2008

Resolutions.....Smesolutions


Do any of you really do that to yourselves? Swear you won't and know you will. It's setting myself up for failure so I just don't. Of course you could be one of those slightly subhuman types who makes a resolution and actually sticks to it. Take my husband for example: One year he decides he won't eat a fastfood hamburger - so he doesn't. I don't care much for fast food - I CAN resist it but not if I tell myself I can't have it. Then I'll just want it more....even if I wouldn't have wanted in the first place. And my husband the fitness instructor, martial artist, 5th degree black belt - WHY does he even want to cut out fastfood hamburgers? He doesn't need to. He works out like 23 hours a day...


And then one year it was no sodas for a year....again, I couldn't care less about sodas. I know that that would send some of you into a tailspin - no soda for a year - but I don't care about it. You know another thing I don't care about? Ice cream. I like it, don't get me wrong but I don't have to have it. But do you know what would happen if I told myself I couldn't have it? Yep! You got it! I'd be a varitable ice cream eating machine within the first 24 hours. And THAT'S something I don't care about. No wonder I can't stop shoving the chocolate cake in my face. That is definately something I care about. Mmmmm chocolate!!


Now that doesn't mean I won't lose weight this year. Get back on track. Get into shape. I have to...I'm quite sure they don't make conventional beds any bigger than the one we have now and I've just moved into a new house with a garden tub where my thighs are currently in no danger of touching the sides when I sit down to take a bath! But I'll be darn if I'm going to tell myself just because it's a New Year that I must accomplish X or give up Y. I know that it won't work so why do that to myself? Besides I can tell myself that July or April if I want to!


I wish you all the best of luck with whatever your resolutions may be and I salute those of you who chose not to make them....Now, if you'll excuse me, the treadmill is calling and I'm burping chocolate.....

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny Jamie. I refuse to make resolutions because I only get depressed when I break them. Better to say try try try again and hope it works. Did you know the new fad craze is eating healthier - they finally figured out diets don't work. I knew that years ago having tried so many. Now I just eat healthier and if I do engage in some pkleasurable activity like eating chocolate I will eat a salad for dinner. Now odd to have a chocolate except I don't walk the treadmill. It's my treat for being a good girl today. Hugs Joni

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell