Monday, February 11, 2008

Rest in Peace....


I can't say exactly why the death of Heath Ledger has bothered me so much. I didn't know him nor is it likely that I ever would have. But I was a fan. He was a great actor and it was obvious he always put his heart and soul into his work. As an artist, I get, and very much appreciate that.

It has been said that too much attention has been paid to the sad ending of a talented young life. I suppose it's true but only in the sense of the paparazzi and from what I understand of this man, he'd have felt that way, too. Who can really enjoy such a media circus, especially when it generates such hateful and disrespectful content?

But I was surprised by comments that the mourning of Heath Ledger was "enough already" and "no great tragedy". The world lost a son, a brother, a friend and a father. And that IS a tragedy whether you decide to grieve over it or not....

May God and his loving mercy and peace be with his family, friends and fans!

1 comment:

  1. It disturbed me also, more than usual. Two of my favorite movies are A Knights Tale(not his favorite) and Cassenova. Right now, I can't watch them.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell