Monday, February 25, 2008

Total Lunar Eclipse



If you missed it, you won't see it again until December 2010. Of course, I'm no professional photographer but I'm excited about how it turned out.

The eclipse occured on Saturday, Feb. 21st, 2008. It lasted for 51 minutes and was visible from the Central Pacific, Americas, Europe and Africa.

I learned a new word when I googled this information. Umbral Magnitude - is the fraction of the Moon's diameter obscured by Earth's Umbra. For total eclipses, the umbral magnitude is always greater than or equal to 1. This particular eclipse's umbral magnitude was 1.111. If you are a faithful blog reader of mine, you will know that, for me, this is significant.


Until the next time.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell