Monday, March 21, 2011

When you were little.....
African Orphanage Fundraiser


When I was little I had a mom and a dad. A house. More food than I needed. A dog. More toys than I could count. My biggest worry was whether or not there was a Barbie I didn't own. I saw a doctor more often than I probably wanted to. Someone loved me. A bunch of someones.

What did you have when you were little? If you had any of these things, you had more than 2.5 million African children last year. 2.5 million. In 2010, that's approximately how many children who had none of the above. In one year alone.

There are orphaned children everywhere. And if you can help any of them, I hope you will. Today you can help the children of El Olam Orphanage in Ethiopia, one of the world's poorest countries. And I hope you will.

Kim, over at The Change Me Crew Blog is a missionary on a mission - To help the children of the El Olam Orphanage. She's hosting a fundraiser on her blog where every single penny will go directly to the aid of these children. For your donation you are entered to win any prize of your choice!

And there are some pretty darn good prizes! One of them is a $50 gift certificate from me to be used in my Etsy shop, Peach Street Boutique. And as if that's not awesome enough, Ree Drummond, as in, you know, The Pioneer Woman!, is giving away two of of her top selling books....and she's signing them. Personally. To the winner. Which has me wondering whether I can enter too. hmmm.

Anyway, there are a ton of great prizes over there! All for a great cause. Trust me on this one and head over there now! If you can't donate now, then I thank you just for reading this far. If you can, don't assume someone else will.

"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it... but I'm afraid He might ask me the same question."

"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do..."



3 comments:

  1. what a weird thing I did. I came here and read the post earlier, and
    didn't comment.

    God i am being creepy lately.

    Anyway - props to you, sistah, for doing this.

    I am a stingy lazy bitch.

    BUt openly.

    So maybe that makes me less horrid?

    Xx,
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. you may also be interested in giving to comic relief?

    they support Many Charities across Africa and the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this post has me in tears! Thank you SO much for having such a giving heart, and thank you SO MUCH for blogging about it!

    Yes, you can indeed enter, too ;o).. in fact, you get a free entry for blogging about it! Just let me know what you'd like it to go toward! It's yours, take it! No if's, and's, or but's about it :O).

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell