After getting rid of that pile of old, sticky clothes, the girls went for their "spa" treatment.
I love those pretty little medallions. They're gonna look great with some light distressing later.
I think I could probably have skipped the sanding here because I don't plan on restaining the chairs. But I did it anyway for good measure.
After a thorough sanding, the girls needed a bit of patching up. Not because they aren't good solid chairs but they did have some gaps here and there and that made them creak and sqeak when you sat on them. The last thing I wanted, once I had them all gussied up, was to have my guests sit on them and wonder if they were sturdy.
I had to decide how I was going to get the glue down in those gaps without taking the chairs apart. I finally decided if I put some wood glue into a plastic baggie then I would be able to slip it into the gap and squeeze in the glue.
I borrowed some of my husband's tie down straps and wrapped them around the chairs, wiped up the excess glue that pushed out and waited for them to dry...
In the meantime, here's another sneak peek at "the other" project I'm working on!