Monday, June 13, 2011

Painted Wallpaper - Ordinary Hall to Extraordinary Hall

Even if I wanted to hang wall paper, I wouldn't know where to start. So when I saw someone else paint theirs, I was excited to try my hand at it. But where?

One day, while cleaning out the linen closet, it hit me. Why not right here in this hall.


It's just an ordianary hall, right off the family room but visible from almost anywhere.


There's an adorable picture of my first born just floating in the doorway. I figured it deserved some dressing up, a special backdrop.


I've seen people do this with an entire room. I'm not sure I'd have the patience. I used a stencil that I made and just eyeballed the distance between each traced line.


This is what it looked like when I was done. I'm not sure I looked any better. This was the tiring part.


But it's always worth it when I get to the painting part.


A special picture now has a special wall to hang on.

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You have waaaaaay more patience than me...haha!!

    That looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, WOW! That looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief you must be nuts! Looks great, but you're still nuts!
    Gourdie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely...and yes, what patience!! Love the pic of you little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! It makes such a big difference and it was FREE!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell