Monday, July 25, 2011

Child's Artwork Gallery Wall


I've been meaning to do this forever. I have saved every single piece of artwork my, almost, 8 year old has done since before preschool. There isn't a wall in the whole house that could hold it all at this point. It has gotten so out of hand I had no idea where to start.

He recently drew a collection of ninjas and a bad guy. That, coupled with my very first trip to an IKEA store, more on that monumental occasion later, sparked an idea. What better place to start than with the here and now. I vowed to get started as soon as I got home. My attic can only hold so much art and I'm too sentimental to throw any of it away.


I got four sets of these inexpensive, 3.99 for a set of 2, NYTTJA picture frames. I don't know about you, but I thought the NYTTJA frames just screamed NINJA pictures.





I used the clear plexiglass to trace around the picture. Then cut it out.


I placed each one in a frame and then laid them out on the floor until I had the pattern I wanted.




I put them on a wall in the hall just outside his bedroom using 3M Command Adhesive Strips. They make it super easy to rearrange or remove later. Plus, I like the look of the frames flush to the wall.


I feel like such a better Momma now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell