Thursday, April 26, 2007

House for Sale....AGAIN


Well it's that time of year again. We tried selling our house for the first time well over a year ago. We had outgrown our house before my husband and I ever moved into it....and that was 7 years ago. Now that there are three of us - well 6 of us if you count the 3 inside dogs. Heck my dogs think they're people. I'm lucky I can get them to go outside to potty. And NO ONE EVER told me how much stuff a child comes with. We had to take a few of his toys to storage yesterday to clean up what our realtor referred to as "clutter"! Nice, huh? Anyway, he was a trooper about it - especially for a 3 year old. He even helped. But I did overhear him on the phone with his Poppy telling him that Mommy & Daddy had taken ALL of his toys to storage. LOL


I never knew how stressful selling a house could be. The first time we tried it our child was young enough that he had a regular nap time and I was a stay at home mom so truth be told, I had a regular naptime, too. Which meant that the both of us regularly stayed in our pjs for most of the day...okay all day except on grocery store days. And they actually expected us to get out of the house without so much as a heads up. I spent most of my days driving around the neighborhood in my pjs with a half naked toddler in the back. Eventually I asked our neighbor across the street if we couldn't just park our car and sit in her driveway. Gas is expensive! We finally gave up....well it was more like our realtor, who is also a friend of ours, gave up on us! Now that he's in preschool and I've gone back to teaching we aren't holed up in the house in that generally vegetative state anymore. This time we might actually gitrdone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell