Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Celebrate the Boy


(Wanna celebrate The Boy, too? Click the banner)


I distinctly remember a clothes shopping trip just after I'd had my first boy. I walked into the store surrounded by delicious baby-ness, found a rack with boy's clothes and then looked around for the rest. I waded through a sea of pink and ruffles to ask the saleslady where they kept the rest of the boys' clothes. She laughed at me.

If you have boys, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, the boys section would be that small rack, usually at the back of the store that you've probably never seen. And if you have seen it, you were most likely on your way to the public restroom.

Soooo I cannot begin to tell you how excited I was to find Made: Celebrate the Boy. In conjunction with Made by Rae, it's a month long celebration of...The Boy! No more little rack at the back of the store. It's a full fledged boy celebration complete with clothing tutorials, fun boy "stuff" and guest bloggers with NO PINK ALLOWED!

Not only will I be following along but I wanna play to. So here's my Ode to the Boy:






(Given the pile of "fallen soldiers" above, I'm really concerned about what these soldiers are doing. Are those shovels? I'm going to tell myself that they are metal detectors.)







*NOTE: None of the pictures above were staged. It's just a day in my life with the Boys' Club.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I need that truck! That is my last name (well, minust the 's'! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the visit to my blog and for the sweet, kind words. I will be a regular here. I really like your work and am a big fan of Halloween.
    VictorianGypsy

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I'm A Member of Art Dolls Only Gettin Creative Every Day Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into! My Repurposed Life mmm button Roots And Wings Co U Create ec grab button BWS tips button BWS tips button frou-fruGal Ana White - making a home with handmade furniture and other DIY projects Craft DIY Ideas Show and Tell